Monday, May 19, 2008

Friday's Thunderstorm

The sky turned black and shortly later the rain started...

If you looked outside last Friday late afternoon, you inevitably saw the thunderstorm approaching. While it only last a short time, there were some big rain totals reported (check below for actual amounts). I was on my way to the store when the rain began. Here are some pictures I took on my way...

Route 13 South. The right lane driving northbound was completely inundated with water, forcing cars into a single lane. Some brave souls drove through it, but when you see a huge puddle like that on the road, the safest thing is NOT to drive through it. Your car could get easily stuck...


Right before the Sage Diner sign, there is a road that is completely covered with water. I was standing next to it and I couldn't even tell if it was a road or a parking lot!

What's amazing is that as quickly as the rain came, the rain left. The thunderstorm lasted less than 20 minutes and most of the water was able to drain from the road in less than 20 minutes after the rain stopped. Talk about too much rain at one time!

No comments: